Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Considering a "Career" Change

It looks like nursing is a field where you can get a job that actually pays you money.  So, I may be growing a bit more student debt (although, I'll probably be living with my parents, so it will be low and possibly just to cover the tuition), and going back to community college to become a Nurse.

I've been thinking lately that even if I get a job now, my law degree is worthless.  Except, I've got a fuckton of debt invested in it, and I can;t repay it with the law degree.  To pay for my law degree, I'm going to have to do something else.  I think I would be a great nurse.  I love people and I love to help them/  I'm a hand-holder and a cheerleader and a care giver.  This would be a career where I enjoyed my life and got to wear scrubs.  So, basically, the plan is to become a Nurse, to pay off my lawyer debt.  Right now, all I want is to forget that fucking law degree.  When I am back in school, studying nursing, my loans will be in deferment.  When I get out, the chances that I can go onto the standard repayment plan are a lot higher than they are with the bar card.  There's like two lawyer jobs available in Michigan versus 2k nurse jobs.

You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment